Saturday, July 7, 2012

WHAT CFA CAN DO AT PERSONAL LEVEL

I have spoken lot about being CFA can do this do that, how it is useful for Indian students to reach the level of international competition and everything. But yesterday my colleague asked me what CFA study has contributed for you at personal level? How as a person do you feel different after starting the journey for getting CFA charter? and it started a thinking process in me, I could not answer him at that time but I think now after 2 days of thinking I can say yes CFA study has contributed tremendously in improving me as a person.
               It got me the confidence that academics is out of my reach if enough hard work is put in anything is achievable. I am from a science background with MBA in marketing, a typical marketing student who used to fear finance during college and after it as well. But this did not stopped me from pursuing the CFA when I started working in the sales department of a Mutual fund. 4 years ago I appeared for a debt exam module from NCFM to test whether I am able to understand the finance terminology and grasp the different world of concepts.
                 when I could pass the exam at first go it gave the confidence to start the study for CFA, I failed first level in Nepal on border. Many of my friends in marketing said why are you going to a different side after 2 years of MBA and 2 years of experience. I had no answer, I just felt its my calling. After three years I am looking back and seeing how much I have changed since start of the CFA study. I was a happy go luck 4 years back with hatred for study and discipline, now I found myself concentrating and studying at stretch for hours for CFA when in HSC exam my mother used to cry because of my bad study habits.
              So its a sea change for me from a useless happy go around person to serious and focused person. CFA study also help me in making my moral concepts clear, I can now take firm decision where moral decisions needs to be taken. I can wait in the line for an hour without trying to jump it or I can give 500 rs as fine without trying to negotiate a bribe to policeman. Its is a attitude what CFA provided me in last four years.
                   CFA study also provided me friends, just last week I was in Delhi and lived with a friend of mine who became my friend just because both of us were preparing for CFA. This is possible on because of CFA. It has such a high value on ethical behaviour that you ought trust a fellow CFA candidate.
             So next time my friends do let me what you gained personally from CFA exam preparation.

1 comment:

  1. "Thanks for sharing this great article with us. You can contact us to prepare for CFA Level 1 Online Videos, CFA Level 2 Online Videos,
    CFA Level 3 Online Videos Take participate in live classes in Kolkata"

    ReplyDelete